Sections

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Taurus CS, part deux

Called Taurus back this morning. This time I had the pleasure of speaking to Leo, who was most helpful. He informed me that the invoice date for my particular PT1911 was over 4(!) years ago, and they normally won't spring for shipping for a pistol over 1 year past its invoice date. However, I informed him that this was a new pistol and it was only a bit more than one month old to me with only around 100 rounds down the tube.

He agreed that the pistol should be repaired by Taurus and arranged for a mailing label to be emailed to me. I took an extended lunch, went home and prepped the pistol for shipment, including a letter to the gunsmith (two copies, one in the shipping box, and another in the pistol case) with all my information, the pistol's info and a description of the issues with the 1911.

I'm much more satisfied with this morning's experience with Taurus' Customer Service reps, thanks to Leo's willingness to do what it took to make the customer happy. Kudos to him! I will keep everyone up to date on the PT1911's status when I hear something about it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help myself

    FIRST!!!


    Ok now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm glad that Taurus is doing what they should I've always heard good things about them but I have yet to buy one of their firearms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all people to be the first to comment on my blog, it just HAD to be you... LOL.

    We will see what they do. They have ample opportunity to make right on this. If they screw up, they earn my scorn and lose my business. However, all will not be lost, since I'll likely turn the PT1911 into a project gun if it's not repaired to my satisfaction. I'm always looking for good excuses to mess with my toys. :)

    ReplyDelete