Sections

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A tweak here, a push there...

and the RIA is up and running.  A bit of research into the issue revealed a loose extractor was the likely culprit for my CS Tactical's woes.  I added some tension and acquired a box of ammo with a poor reputation for reliability according to some (Tula, if you must ask) and headed out to the range to evaluate the changes made.

I'm happy to report that all 50 rounds fed and ejected without issue.  I placed a single round into the factory magazine and fired the pistol, repeating for 35 rounds.  No issues, no jams into the magazine's feed lips.  I then fired five sets of two round hammers, again without issue.  The last five rounds were loaded into the magazine and I fired it as quickly as I could.  Nothing.  No problems.

Alas, the pistol is still going to be sold.  I will use the proceeds to fund my wife's new revolver which was purchased last night from Jet Guns, via GunBroker.  She will be receiving a factory new Smith and Wesson Model 60 Pro with 3" bbl, front tritium sight/adjustable rear and all in a nice matte stainless package.  Pic of the pistol (manufacturer stock photo) below:


As always, be on the lookout for a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment