Sections

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still waiting on the M60 Pro and hunting down some dream pistols.

Evening everyone.  Just wanted to kick out a quick update.  I've sold two of my firearms, a .40S&W version of the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (Glock magazine compatible) and the RIA CS Tactical 1911.  They brought in a healthy amount of cash, so I'm on the lookout for a couple of pistols that have fascinated me for a while.  Specifically, I'm talking about the Beretta 92FS Compact Type M, and the I.M.I. Jericho 941 fullsize.  Go figure, when the Type M was available I couldn't afford it.  Now that I can finally afford to purchase one, they're rare birds, indeed!  The Jericho is even moreso, and I know I'll have a good hunt on my hands trying to locate the both of them without paying out the nose.

Oh well, half the fun is in the hunt!

In other news, the Mrs and I are still waiting to get the Model 60 Pro in our hands.  We can thank the dealer who's handling the FFL transfer for that one, however.  We requested they send out their FFL documentation to the seller last Tuesday, and after several phonecalls over the last week, they finally managed to get it to the seller this Monday morning.  The seller promptly shipped it two-day air, and it's in the FFL's hands now.  I would have picked it up, but apparently they don't put their shipments into the books until the end of the day.  So that means we get to wait another day before we can pick it up.

God help them if they fail to get the pistol into their books tonight, because I'm showing up tomorrow after work expecting to pick up the pistol come hell or high water!  I'll bring my tools for inspection, and a cleaning kit.  After it's inspected and cleaned, we'll be giving her a shakedown run with some non-+P 38SPL.  I'll have my initial impressions of the M60 Pro up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment