Sections

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Mrs has great taste in pistols! Also, I just won my 92FS Compact Type M!

Hey everyone.  Well, last night's range session went well.  The Mrs and I stopped off for some ammo before getting out to the Bullethole and completing the transfer of the new Model 60 Pro.  After a bit of writer's cramp from the paperwork and watching $50 evacuate from my wallet in a jiffy, the pistol was in our hands.  Err, actually it was in HER hands, LOL.  She fell in love with it instantly and I couldn't get out to the line fast enough for her.  Here's some pics of it after we put 60 rounds downrange and cleaned it:
  


While she shot the M60, I did some proficiency drills with the XD-45 compact.  The pic says it all, click it to get the details.


I have to admit, the little M60 has a sharp report and it made me a bit jumpy.  The DA trigger pull on it is strangely stiff, I need to get a trigger pull gage on it to tell you exactly what it is.  I do know it stacks quite a bit towards the end.  The XD was boring, as always.  That gun always feeds, fires and extracts.  Every.  Time.  But, boring is good in a defensive pistol.  I would like to fix the horrendous reset on the trigger, and an aftermarket trigger kit would be just the ticket to accomplish that.  I'll look into funding a Powder River or Springer Precision kit later.

Ah yes, news on the Beretta 92FS Compact Type-M front!  I found a seller on GunBroker who put his almost brand new Type-M up for sale.  Me, being the impatient type I am, sent him an email asking if he'd take $680 shipped, to which he accepted.  I'll be getting the USPS money order for him tomorrow morning and shipping it that same day, along with a copy of our correspondence and my FFL's info.

Wish me luck, if everything is as he says it is and I'm not getting scammed, I'm getting a beautiful Type-M shortly!  Pics below:

No comments:

Post a Comment