Sections

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Abandoned blog? Nah, just busy with life.

Hey everyone,

No, I haven't given up on the site.  Truth is I've been too busy with life to do anything related to firearms.  No new acquisitions have been made, nor have I gotten rid of anything.  I have been contemplating trading the Savage 10FPLE off for the Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle, though.

I've taken the XDm-9 out to the range a couple of times and fired about 50 rounds through it, and I'm just not as in love with it as I am with my XD-45 Compact.  Of course I've been shooting the compact a lot longer, and I've got more rounds downrange with it, so I'm pretty biased.  I'm sure I haven't given the XDm enough time for us to "get along", but I ask myself if it's a pistol I really need especially now that my free time is at an all time low, and I doubt I'll be able to get into IDPA competition in any capacity.

I may sell it to help finance a vacation the Mrs and I have planned, who knows.  I really want to get back into shooting as often as I'd like to stay sharp, but time and money are two difficult barriers to overcome right now.

Ah well, time to get back to planning my reloading bench.  Nope, that's not done yet, either! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment